Festival HistoryCelebrating 11 Years of Jazz with a Higher Purpose
Festival Video Clips
In 2009, to celebrate its 60th anniversary, a Fayetteville, N.C. jazz saxophonist and his accompanist provided entertainment on the porch of the Ocean City Community Center.
All in attendance, both visitors and residents enjoyed the celebration, launching the annual Ocean City Jazz Festival as a vehicle to promote and celebrate the history of the Ocean City Community.
The Festival has grown annually in attendance and features nationally recognized jazz artists making it a perfect venue and destination for the summer.
Increase the interest in the genre of Jazz through performance and education in partnership with the municipalities of Topsail Island, NC, surrounding counties and state educational entities/agencies.
To promote and preserve the history and expand the knowledge of the Ocean City Community in North Carolina, preserve the historical site, support tourism through financial support of the diversity that Jazz inspires.
Commitment to the Environment
The Ocean City Jazz Festival is committed to reducing its impact on the environment. We will strive to improve our environmental performance over time and to additional projects and activities that will further reduce our impacts on the environment.
Our commitment to the environment extends to our attendees, our staff, and the community in which we operate. We are committed to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental regulations
- Prevent pollution whenever possible
- Train all of our staff on our environmental program and empower them to contribute and participate
- Communicate our environmental commitment and efforts to our attendees, staff, and our community
- Continually improve over time by striving to measure our environmental impacts by setting goals to reduce these impacts each year.